Board Meeting by Video Conference
April 9, 2014 by CS Samrish Bhanja
1. The participation of directors in a meeting of the Board may be either in person or through video conferencing or other audio visual means..
2. Directors participating through video conferencing shall also be counted for the purposes of quorum..
3. Matters not to be dealt with in a meeting through video conferencing
- Approval of annual financial statements.
- Approval of the Director’s report.
- Approval of the prospectus.
- Audit committee meetings for consideration of accounts.
- Approval of matters relating to amalgamation, mergers, demergers, acquisitions and takeovers..
4. The system should be capable of recording and storing the proceedings of such meetings along with date and time:.
5. The Chairperson / Company Secretary shall take care for safekeeping of electronic recording (as part of the records of the company) at least before the time of completion of audit of that particular year.